Black Shorter-Length Swim Shorts
About the product
Black is a classic choice and looks particularly striking in our Setter length.
As worn by Daniel Craig as James Bond in Skyfall. The Setter was one of our original four at launch and is still our signature 'shorter' short. Taking their cues from a man’s pair of trousers, the OB Classic Swim Shorts come with side fasteners to adjust for the perfect fit.
- Inside leg length: 11cm / 4.5”
- Model is 184cm / 6’ tall and wears a size 32
- Net lining – for extra comfort and security
- Quick drying polyamide
Size & Fit
- True to size
OB CLASSIC SWIM SHORTS
The inside of our shorts contains a mesh-net lining, so you can hop on a surfboard, play tennis, swim or just lounge around on the beach in perfect safety. Plus we have a zip fly and a metal popper enclosure, so there really shall be no escape. The side fasteners are one of our distinguishing features, they’re made up of up to six component parts for a properly tailored fit, which you can adjust.
Nobody wants to stand around in soaking wet shorts, getting cold and uncomfortable. That's why we use 100% polyamide fabric, which has also been chlorine, salt water, light and rub-tested too. Not only is it durable, it dries in a flash.
We have four classic lengths of shorts as well as the Dachshund, which is a brief. Choosing the best length is simply about proportion.
- If you are very tall you might want to steer clear of something too short such as a Springer, our shortest pair.
- If you are not so tall then you can try shorter options such as the Setter and possibly steer clear of longer options as they may swamp you.
- If in doubt, then something mid length, like our popular Bulldog, is always a good starting point.
- A marker for mid-length (6” inner leg) shorts is just above the halfway point between your knee and the start of your in-seam.
- No matter your shape or size, we believe a tailored fit can flatter any figure.
- Fit is central to everything we do at Orlebar Brown and it’s what makes our shorts special; not too tight, not too loose—just right.
- 60 elements combine to make one pair of OB Classics with rear darts and a shaped waistband for the perfect shape.
- All our OB Classic swim shorts feature our fully adjustable side fasteners can reduce the waist size by 2cm.
- To ensure you have the right size you should just be able to tuck your fingers inside the waistband.
- When choosing a colour or print you should consider your skin tone and personality.
- Fair skin can look washed out against bright hues and if you have darker skin then you can really celebrate something vivid.
- Navy, dark green, slate grey and black are always a safe bet whoever you are, as are most mid blues.
- Someone who is naturally extrovert may enjoy more zany prints; classic pastels may suit those better who prefer not to be the center of attention.
- If you want a print or a design that is really bespoke and totally personal to you then try our Design Your Own service.
THE MAKING OF AN OB CLASSIC
WHAT MAKES A CLASSIC?
The ‘classic’ label seems in a constant battle to preserve the integrity and romance of its award. Our OB Classic swim shorts have been integral to our success over the last ten years—but what makes something a true classic?
Good Design is innovative, honest and thorough down to the last detail.
Dieter Rams' 10 Principles of Good Design
SHOP SWIM SHORTS