Parasol Paradise Mid-Length Tailored Swim Shorthttp://www.orlebarbrown.com/us/men/swim-shorts/bulldog/264867.html
About the product
Taken from a beach on the South of France, this photographic print sees a gentle sea fade into a vibrant, patterned beach front.
The tailored swim short is where it all began for Orlebar Brown; designed to give you effortless style wherever you are. Based on the pattern of a traditional man’s tailored trouser and crafted from quick-drying polyester fabric with signature side-fasteners to adjust. The OB Classic Bulldog offers the perfect blend of form and function.
‘Not just a swim short—it’s a short you can swim in.’
OB CLASSIC SWIM SHORTS
The inside of our shorts contains a mesh-net lining, so you can hop on a surfboard, play tennis, swim or just lounge around on the beach in perfect safety. Plus we have a zip fly and a metal popper enclosure, so there really shall be no escape. The side fasteners are one of our distinguishing features, they’re made up of up to six component parts for a properly tailored fit, which you can adjust.
Nobody wants to stand around in soaking wet shorts, getting cold and uncomfortable. That's why we use 100% polyamide fabric, which has also been chlorine, salt water, light and rub-tested too. Not only is it durable, it dries in a flash.
We have four classic lengths of shorts as well as the Dachshund, which is a brief. Choosing the best length is simply about proportion.
- If you are very tall you might want to steer clear of something too short such as a Springer, our shortest pair.
- If you are not so tall then you can try shorter options such as the Setter and possibly steer clear of longer options as they may swamp you.
- If in doubt, then something mid length, like our popular Bulldog, is always a good starting point.
- A marker for mid-length (6” inner leg) shorts is just above the halfway point between your knee and the start of your in-seam.
- No matter your shape or size, we believe a tailored fit can flatter any figure.
- Fit is central to everything we do at Orlebar Brown and it’s what makes our shorts special; not too tight, not too loose—just right.
- 60 elements combine to make one pair of OB Classics with rear darts and a shaped waistband for the perfect shape.
- All our OB Classic swim shorts feature our fully adjustable side fasteners can reduce the waist size by 2cm.
- To ensure you have the right size you should just be able to tuck your fingers inside the waistband.
- When choosing a colour or print you should consider your skin tone and personality.
- Fair skin can look washed out against bright hues and if you have darker skin then you can really celebrate something vivid.
- Navy, dark green, slate grey and black are always a safe bet whoever you are, as are most mid blues.
- Someone who is naturally extrovert may enjoy more zany prints; classic pastels may suit those better who prefer not to be the center of attention.
- If you want a print or a design that is really bespoke and totally personal to you then try our Design Your Own service.
The Making of a Photographic Print
WHAT MAKES A CLASSIC?
The ‘classic’ label seems in a constant battle to preserve the integrity and romance of its award. Our OB Classic swim shorts have been integral to our success over the last ten years—but what makes something a true classic?
Good Design is innovative, honest and thorough down to the last detail.
Dieter Rams' 10 Principles of Good Design
SHOP SWIM SHORTS